COVID-19 and Breast Cancer Resources
For general information on coronavirus, visit the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) website. If you have another type of cancer, the American Society of Clinical Oncology website has information on coronavirus for people with cancer.
The Komen Breast Care Helpline 1 877 GO KOMEN (1-877-465-6636) can provide information, psychosocial support and help with coping strategies related to anxiety or concerns during these uncertain times. The service is offered in English and Spanish from 9:00 a.m. – 10:00 p.m. ET. You can also email the helpline at email@example.com
- CDC: Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- South Carolina Department of Health and Environmental Control (SC DHEC)
- Susan G. Komen Coronavirus Information
- NCI: Coronavirus: What People with Cancer Should Know
- ACS: Common Questions About the New Coronavirus Outbreak
- NACDD: Chronic Disease and COVID-19: What You Need to Know
- SUSAN G. KOMEN® STATEMENT REGARDING THE CORONAVIRUS
- SUSAN G. KOMEN® TOLL-FREE BREAST CARE HELPLINE AVAILABLE TO ANSWER QUESTIONS, GUIDE PEOPLE TO NEEDED RESOURCES
- SUSAN G. KOMEN® UPDATES BREAST CANCER SCREENING GUIDANCE AS COMMUNITIES BEGIN TO REOPEN
Komen South Carolina COVID-19 Action Fund
Komen SC is are here for you, your family and anyone facing breast cancer who needs our help.
Every day there’s more news about COVID-19 and what our world looks like. We are all changing and adapting our lives like never before. Which is why Komen South Carolina has created the Komen South Carolina COVID-19 Action Fund to help us serve those in South Carolina most vulnerable to coronavirus.
You can give hope in these unsettling times. COVID-19 is putting financially struggling breast cancer patients at even greater risk, devastating their families and making treatment more difficult to access.