- About Breast Cancer
- Community Impact
- Get Involved
Partners In Care
You are not alone. Komen South Carolina is your partner in care, providing lay patient navigation to anyone needing assistance. We’re here to guide you from education and screening to treatment should you need it. Eligible patients may also receive financial aid to reduce the burden of care. To qualify for financial aid, income must be 250% or below of Federal Poverty Level (FPL). See the chart below for an estimate of what that means. Financial aid for treatment is reserved for those currently in active treatment or within three months of completing treatment. Funding is not guaranteed and is contingent on the affiliate’s available resources.
Contact Komen SC’s lay patient navigator at Sarah@komensc.org or call (843) 556-8011 for more information.
Lay Patient Navigation
- Referrals to appropriate resources
- Active navigation throughout the continuum of care
Financial Aid to Access Screening
- Transportation to medical appointments for screening and diagnostic appointments
- Child/elder care for screening and diagnostic appointments
- Insurance co-pays
Financial Aid to Access Treatment
- Transportation to medical appointments for treatment
- Child/elder care during treatment appointments
- Lodging for treatment
2020 Federal Poverty Guideline*
- for families of more than 5, please contact Sarah.