Worship in Pink Toolkit 2020
COVID-19 may keep us from gathering together but it doesn’t keep us from our mission. This year’s toolkit includes the current information about the virus, breast screenings and breast cancer. Please share it as much as possible. Scroll down for additional materials.
About COVID-19 and breast cancer screening
Due to limits on resources and staff and to minimize exposure to COVID-19, many hospitals and imaging centers postponed screening mammograms for some women. Now, many places have begun offering screening mammograms again. If you’re due for a screening, call to make an appointment.
Hospitals and imaging centers are taking many precautions to ensure patients are safe. Many places have made changes to allow for social distancing. For example, they have spread out appointments so only a few people are in the waiting area at the same time.
If you’re at average risk and have no signs of breast cancer and have had a mammogram in the past year or so, don’t worry if your mammogram is postponed for a short period of time. You should be able to reschedule your mammogram soon.
NEW MATERIALS! Everyone is welcome to download the Worship in Pink toolkit for free and and print your own materials. Just click the links below.
Breast Health Information
- Healthy Living and Breast Cancer
- Breast Screening and Follow Up Tests (Eng)
- Benign Breast Conditions (Eng)
- Breast Density
- Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender and Questioning/Queer
- Research Fast Facts: Nutrition and Breast Cancer
For general information on coronavirus, visit the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) website. If you have another type of cancer, the American Society of Clinical Oncology website has information on coronavirus for people with cancer.
The Komen Breast Care Helpline 1 877 GO KOMEN (1-877-465-6636) can provide information, psychosocial support and help with coping strategies related to anxiety or concerns during these uncertain times. The service is offered in English and Spanish from 9:00 a.m. – 10:00 p.m. ET. You can also email the helpline at email@example.com
- CDC: Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- South Carolina Department of Health and Environmental Control (SC DHEC)
- Susan G. Komen Coronavirus Information
- NCI: Coronavirus: What People with Cancer Should Know
- ACS: Common Questions About the New Coronavirus Outbreak
- NACDD: Chronic Disease and COVID-19: What You Need to Know